I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Recipe Thursday{Tropical Smoothie & Popsicles}

I made these smoothies for my son all last summer and broke them out again today. They remind me of summer...they're cool, light and refreshing. Yummy!


It's super easy to make them, and here's the recipe.


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1 1/2 to 2 cups frozen tropical fruit mix (I used Wawona Festival Blend from Costco which has strawberries, pineapples, mangoes, and papayas)
Blend orange juice and and vanilla yogurt. Add the fruit 1 cup at a time and blend. Enjoy.

This recipe was enough to fill the glass above (16 oz maybe?)

We like to freeze the smoothie into popsicles too, and they're really good!
We found these popsicle forms at the dollar store last year, and they're worked great. It's a nice refreshing treat. :-)




I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh this must be heavenly. I thoroughly enjoyed this delicious post. I would love it if you could share this wonderful post at our WIW linky party. I hope you can join us.

    Paula
    Ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having a fabulous week!!

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!