I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Keep 'Em Busy {Dominoes}

Who would have thought dominoes would be so entertaining? I certainly didn't, but when I was trying to keep my little guy entertained the other day (since he couldn't go outside), I thought I'd distract him with these for a little while. A little while turned into quite a while!
We stacked them, lined them up, built things with them, and, of course, knocked them over. I kind of got caught up in it too!
Since our dominoes are colored, they're also good for teaching him his colors. When he gets a little older, they'll be great for teaching him counting and maybe even a little addition or subtraction.
We had a fun time. :-)

I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties. 

5 comments:

  1. We use them a lot! As you said: you can build, you can play, you can learn, just great ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! Come check out our fun family time! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/pregnancy-update-31-weeks.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun activity! It is amazing how the little things can entertain them for so long. Thanks for sharing at Happy Family Times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea - what kids don't love knocking little things over :-) And thanks for joining in at Happy Family Times :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!