I am no longer actively blogging here at "Taking Time To Create", but I'd love for you to join me at my new blog: "Taking Time In The City". I hope to see you soon!

Friday, March 16, 2012

Time To Live February {Picasa Photo Collage Tutorial}

About a month ago I shared a post about the collages I'm creating every month with pictures I'm taking every day (well, almost every day)...Time To Live. I also have a page with all the collages I've created so far and a description of the collages. I'm enjoying taking the pictures, but looking back at the last month is even more fun! Here's the collage for February. It's a little snapshot into our life in February.


Last month I used Photoshop to create the collage, but this month I wanted to do it a little differently and then I remembered the Collage feature in Picasa. 


It was actually easier that what I did in Photoshop, and I like the result a lot better than January's collage.


First, I cropped the photos and added the dates to all the photos. This is something you can easily do in Picasa. I'm not going to going into the details of that here, but please feel free to email or leave a contact if you need help with this step. :-)


Once I had all my pictures edited, I started on the collage. Here's how to do it:


All your pictures for the collage should be in the same folder.


Go the library in Picasa, find the correct folder, and select the photos you'd like in the collage. Then, click the "Collage" button near the bottom of the screen.
Picasa will take you to another screen where you'll choose the type of collage you'd like to create.
Then, you should choose the size of the collage.
You can move the pictures around by hand or simply shuffle the pictures (using the "Shuffle Pictures" button) until you get them where you want them.


Once everything is arranged how you'd like it, click the "Create Collage" button in the lower right hand side of the screen.
You'll get this screen while the collage is being created.
Your collage will automatically be saved in the "Collages" folder under "Projects" in the Picasa library, but if you'd like to save the collage somewhere else, you can do that too. Click on "File" and then "Export Picture to Folder..."
That's all there is to it! Let me know if you have questions, and I hope you have fun creating some photo collages. :-)


I'm having a blast at these lovely linking parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no longer actively blogging here at Taking Time To Create, so if you have a specific question, please email me at takingtimeinthecity@gmail.com. Thanks so much for stopping by!